City of Vodnjan | Special offers and services
Association Agroturist Vodnjan-Dignano
Association "Agroturist" from Vodnjan was founded on April 10, 1995. in order to develop, expand and improve the agricultural production of our region. In January 1998. The Professional Service, which employs one agronomist and administrator, has started operating.
The initial membership of 25 farmers, the founders of the Association, to date has reached 350.
The Agroturist Association focused its activities on the following activities:
- education of farmers and raising production standards,
- procurement of planting material, olive seedlings and vine cuttings,
- organization of reviews,
- cooperation on scientific projects in agriculture,
- publishing agricultural literature,
- visits to similar organizations and agricultural fairs.
From 1995 to 2012 according to the program of the Istrian County, planting material is procured by one-third shares of farmers, the City of Vodnjan and the Istrian County. About 200,000 olive seedlings were procured and about 700 ha of young olive groves and 100,000 vine cuttings were planted, which were planted on about 35 ha of young vineyards. The services were used by about 500 Family Farms (OPG).
In the mentioned period, the Association organized:
- 19 Southern Istria Wine Festival,
- 18 Olive Oil Festival,
- 7 events Days of young olive oil,
- 7 See cheese, cottage cheese and honey.
The association is also the initiator, holder and collaborator on the following scientific projects:
- Vin de Rosa, in cooperation with the Institute of Agriculture and Tourism in Poreč,
- Production of seedlings of domestic and domesticated olive varieties, in cooperation with the Agricultural Cooperative Vodnjan .;
- Production of the Mark of Origin Protection (OZI) of domestic and domesticated olive varieties, in cooperation with Sms-prehrambeno razvojni centar d.o.o. from Klis;
- Establishment of the Collection and parent plantation of domestic and domesticated olive varieties, in cooperation with the Faculty of Agriculture in Zagreb and PZ Vodnjan
- The ZOOB project "Pollution reduction and conservation of biological diversity in agriculture with an emphasis on olive growing" is co-financed by the EU through the IPA Operational Program SI-HR 2007-2013. It is implemented from March 25, 2010 to March 31, 2012 in cooperation with the City of Vodnjan and Slovenian partners. The leading partner of the project is the Agricultural and Forestry Institute Nova Gorica. Other partners are the Scientific Research Center of the University of Primorska, the City of Krk, and the Krka Olive Growers Association "Drobnica".
The future strategy of agricultural development in the area of the City of Vodnjan is based on the development of olive growing and viticulture with the help of the City of Vodnjan and the County of Istria.